Call 1800 721 886 to talk to us about arranging an audit.
We provide consultancy and food safety auditing and expert assistance to all sectors of the food industry and government agencies
Food Audit Australia has experience in providing consultancy services to food manufacturers, catering and service providers, child care facilities, aged care facilities, hospitals and also local governments.
We can conduct regulatory food safety audits of your organisation’s food safety management system, to assess compliance with legislative requirements and each facility’s current food safety program.
Our auditing process includes:
- A physical and desktop audit of all food areas and Food Safety Program documentation. Reporting format is accordance with NSWFA requirements for 3rd party auditors.
- An opening meeting at the beginning of the audit will outline exactly what we will be doing at what time through the audit
- Length of time for food safety assessment is dependent on the size of the
facility’s operations and standards being maintained. For example a 100-bed
cook-fresh facility might take 4-5 hours to audit.
- A closing meeting at the end of the audit process will highlight all positive
aspects of the food safety systems implemented together with the areas of
opportunity for improvement for regulatory compliance.
- In engaging our service, you can be assured that you will get consistency and predictability as you will know exactly what to expect during your audit. There will not be any unpleasant unexpected surprises. Our uniform but high standards will be made clear to you from the outset. We have a moral responsibility to conform and uphold the Food Standards Code as well as act in your best interest to ensure you produce the safest foods possible.
- All food audits will be announced 8 weeks prior to our inspection as opposed to the unannounced food audits from the NSW Food Authority.
- Your facility will receive the results of the audit and the NSW Food Authority Rating at the end of the audit process on the same day on completion of your audit. A completed report will be submitted within 48 hours of the audit.
- Currently, the NSW Food Authority charges $266/hour for audit, report writing
and travel. As of July 2014, this price will be revised upward. Please write to us for a quote for your facility or facilities. The cost of audits vary depending on the size and the number of facilities in your organisation.